Today I am sharing a super simple and quick project for the front of your house! Last time I was at Hobby Lobby, I found these numbers and words made out of metal, and knew I had to make an address sign out of them. I have always loved the look of dark wood mixed with silver metals. So, I purchased the numbers for my home address along with the word “Welcome”, and in about one hour I created a cute DIY address sign for the front of my home!
DIY Address Sign Wood List:
|1||1×4||1′ (scrap wood or shortest length you can buy)|
DIY Address Sign Materials List:
|2″ exterior wood screws||Dark Walnut Wood Stain||Circular Saw|
|Galvanized Metal Numbers and Wording|
|at Hobby Lobby|
DIY Address Sign Cut List:
DIY Address Sign Plans:
- Cut a 1×12 board to 18″ in length
2. Cut a 1×4 board to 6″ in length.
3. Stain both boards with Dark Walnut wood stain.
4. Attach the 6″ 1×4 board to the bottom left of the 1×12 board using 2″ exterior wood screws, attach through the back of the 1×12, predrill holes first.
5. Use wood glue to attach the galvanized metal “welcome” wording and the numbers.
6. Hang on the front of your house and enjoy, add a decorative floral or candle display to the shelf and enjoy!
This was a super-quick and inexpensive project that would make a great gift for family or friends!