Father’s Day sneak up on you again this year? Don’t fret, there are plenty of quick and easy ideas for a DIY Father’s Day gift that you can make in time to celebrate Dad that he will cherish! I found 15 wood DIY gifts that can be made in a weekend, some are my own designs that you can find instructions for here on my blog, but most are awesome creations of others. Hope this will give you some ideas and inspiration!
1. DIY Wood Father’s Day Card: A sure keepsake! Create a Father’s Day card out of wood, with pictures too. This is a card that dad can truly keep forever. Adds a personal touch when you display it on a shelf.
2. DIY Bottle Opener : For the dad who is a beer lover, this DIY Beer Bottle opener is a great gift idea that can be created quickly! You can buy the opener and catcher on Amazon and get it in two days if you have a Prime membership!
3. DIY Dog Leash Hanger : If dad is a dog lover, you can make a custom leash hanger for him. DIY Dog Leash Hanger
4. Shanty-2-Chic Father’s Day Gift with Free Printables: A cute handprint gift for dad that is quick to make and would look great hanging in dad’s office!
5. DIY iPad holder Another Shanty-2-Chic project, this iPad holder doubles as a chalkboard when the tablet isn’t in it! I just love projects that have more than one use or purpose!
6. Grill Tool Hanger – This Grilling Tool hanger from the Rustic Willow has a nice rustic look to it and it uses copper piping to hang the grill tools which gives it some awesomeness!
7. Beer Caddy : Instructions for building this cool beer caddy are on eHow.
8. DIY Pallet Sign for Dad This pallet sign from Ribbons and Glue is a quick, yet rustic sign that would look awesome hanging in Dad’s office or workshop!
9. Wooden Dad Photo blocks: These Wooden Blocks are SUPER cute and would look great sitting on dad’s desk!
10. Fishing Pole Storage Rack: If dad is an avid outdoorsman and likes to fish, here are some instructions for making a storage rack for all of his fishing poles (I’m sure mom will appreciate this one as well; nothing like a bunch of fishing poles all leaning up against a wall to drive a lady crazy (not that I have any experience with this! 😉
11. DIY Electronics Charging Station: Does dad have his personal cell, work cell, and tablet charging in different locations all throughout the house? If so, this DIY Charging Station from Driven by Decor will solve that issue and help dad charge all of his devices in one spot!
12. DIY Drill Storage and Charging Station – If dad is a DIYer and has a lot of cordless drills, this is a great project to store the tools and batteries while charging them at the same time. I think I want one of these!
13. DIY Guitar Stand – For those with a dad who loves to play guitar, why not build him a nice stand to display and store his rockin’ guitar collection!
14. Hammer Hook Coat Rack – Now this is a unique idea I have never seen before! This would be perfect for the DIY dad’s office or garage!
15. DIY Tie Rack – This DIY Tie Rack from Craftaholics Anonymous is pure genius! Simple, yet classy. This would make a great DIY gift for the dad who sports a tie on a regular basis!
Hope these give you some ideas for a DIY Father’s gift that dad will cherish for a lifetime! 🙂 Do you have other great ideas for a quick gift for dad? If so, please share in the comments below!